|Appearances||Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, Advance Wars: Dual Strike|
|Affiliation||Orange Star, Battle Maps|
|Super CO power||Merchant Union|
|Advance Wars Theme|
|Dual Strike Theme|
Hachi (Japanese: ハチ Hachi) is an Orange Star CO. He is rumored to be Orange Star's former chief, and is stated in the game to be a former rival of Sensei. He is also the keeper of the Battlemaps shop in Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, and Advance Wars: Dual Strike. He gets a discount on all units, but unlike Colin's, his units have normal firepower. He has no real weaknesses. He is also extremely gossipy and may give you hints about the game in exchange for you buying his merchandise. If you clean him out, though, he won't give you anything.
A slick-talking businessman, Hachi gets a 10% discount on all Units.
Barter - Hachi can purchase units at 50% of their original price.
Hachi has Tag Breaks with the following COs:
Hachi is an excellent CO in nearly every way, and is arguably one of the best CO's in the entire series.
- In pre-deployed maps (like numerous Hard Campaign missions), he can deploy units in cities, unlike the opponent.
- On maps with relatively low funding (such as in competitive play), he has access to high-cost units that the opponent does not.
- On maps with relatively high funding, he has more opportunities than ever to invest in whatever units he wants.
- He lacks a firepower boost in the conventional sense, but him being able to deploy Bombers and Neotanks (or anything) with ease gives him firepower superiority.
- His day to day abilities giving him a discount lets him often be the first player to afford a Tank early on.
- He has no weaknesses.
- His CO Power, for only 3 stars, doubles your purchasing value. (Though for just 2 stars more, you can get something better)
- His power meter is one of the shortest in the game, yet his Super CO Power provides lots of utility.
- Being able to deploy units in cities means you can essentially fortify your army any region of the map. You can also flood all of your cities with Infantry and/or Mech to increase your unit count, which is very important.
"I'm back in business."
"I'm open for business!"
"Switch all you want - It's free!"
"Hey, I'm no retiree!"
"I may be old, but I can still rumble!"
"Business is looking up!"
"Battles cost too much!"
"Thank you, come again!"
"Rematches are free!"
Hachi: "Shop till you drop! Or until I drop you!"
Sensei: "Ha ha ha! You're such the businessman!"
|COs:||Andy | Hachi | Jake | Max | Nell | Rachel | Sami|
|Former COs:||Grit | Olaf|